11-4000 MyPlate Nutrition Education Kit for Head Start
Check out our new Super Bright Safety Light sets - visible from 500+ feet!
Teaching nutrition based on the USDA’s MyPlate guidelines has never been easier. Even if you have students who have food allergies and sensitivities. Even if you have students who are vegetarians or vegans.
This time-saving curriculum kit is keyed to Head Start Performance Standards and offers flexible activities and lessons that make it easy to integrate into existing programs.
Specificallly, this kit it is designed to help meet Head Start Regulations 1340.21, 1304.23 and 1304.40. Click here for a detailed correlations guide.
The 5-2-1-0 message is also incorporated into the MyPlate Teacher’s Guide, Teaching Cards, Parent Tip Sheet and Paint Activity Sheet. (5-servings of fruits and vegetables per day; 2-no more than two hours of screen time; 1-at least one hour of physical activity; 0-zero sugary drinks and sodas).
The MyPlate Nutrition Spanish Extension Kit works with this kit to reach Spanish-speaking children and their families.
The MyPlate Nutrition Refill Kit replenishes items in this kit for new students.
The Head Start MyPlate Nutrition Education Kit includes:
- 1 - Head Start MyPlate Nutrition Teacher's Guide & Masters: Keyed to Head Start Standards, this guide provides quick-start guidelines, flexible activities to fit any time slot, parent participation masters, lesson plans, and pre- and post-test questions. Specifications: 8.5" x 11", 28 pages, one-color saddle stitched binding.
- 1 – MyPlate Puppet: Capture children’s attention with this lovable puppet. Suggestions for using the puppet to help present the lessons are included in the Teacher’s Guide.
- 1 – Oversized Storybook – “The Adventures of MyPlate”: Make good nutrition easy for young children to understand with this engaging, memorable story. This storybook is also available in a bilingual format.
- 1 – MyPlate Activity Placemat Master – Shows MyPlate and samples from the different food groups. Children can connect the foods to their place on MyPlate and color each section of the plate. May be photocopied as much as you wish. 17” x 11”, black & white.
- 25 Copies of 1 Recipe/Activity Card – These MyPlate recipe/activity cards offer simple recipes that can be made in the classroom or with parents at home. Color, 8 ½” x 11”, 1 recipe per card.
- 12 Laminated MyPlate Teaching Cards: Meet Head Start requirements and save preparation time with these colorful, large format teaching cards. Each 14” x 14” card shows a nutrition-related image on the front and includes talking points and activities for that image on the reverse side.
- 25 MyPlate Award Certificates: These colorful certificates offer recognition and good nutrition reminders that can go home with each child at the conclusion of the program.
- 25 MyPlate Tattoos: These removable tattoos are a fun way to help remind children to be healthy eaters.
- 1 MyPlate Poster: Use this colorful 12” x 21.5” poster to reinforce steps to healthy nutrition.
- 25 MyPlate Parent Tip Sheets: “You Can Help Keep Your Child Healthy with MyPlate” provides practical, illustrated steps parents and children can take towards good nutrition. Available in Spanish.
- 25 MyPlate Bingo Cards: This lively game helps reinforce good eating habits. Comes complete with reusable game pieces.
- 25 MyPlate Paint Activity Sheets: Children can learn about good nutrition as they color MyPlate with these fun activity pages. 8½” x 11”, black & white with paint colors.
- 1 MyPlate Nutrition Kit Carrying Bag: Each kit comes in a durable, convenient carrying bag.
Call 1-877-669-7233 ext. 205 or 206 for a professional sample to review before ordering.